Exedy Stage 3 Hyper Single Clutch Kit - Ford Focus DOHC Zetec 2.0L 2000-2004SKU: FSEH01SD
Exedy Stage 3 Hyper Single Plate Clutch Kit with Lightweight Flywheel - Ford Focus DOHC Zetec 2.0L 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
All Hyper Clutches come with a steel flywheel and a 6-puck disc with cerametallic facing, and a spring center damper. The disc is generally smaller and thinner than the OEM disc making for lower inertia and therefore quicker, easier shifting. The higher clamp load and cerametallic friction facings give approximately twice the holding torque of the OEM clutch and generally higher than other single plate clutches.
The Hyper Single clutch is engineered to optimize performance for cars that are moderately modified, but do not require the capacity of a multi-plate clutch. Similar to Exedy's multi-plate clutches, it has a forged aluminum cover that is anodized purple. The aluminum cover is stiffer than a stamped cover and therefore allows a higher lever ratio to maintain the pedal efforts at a reasonable level. There is no clamp load deflection as found in a pressed metal type cover. All Hyper Clutches come with a steel/chrome moly flywheel and a 6-puck cerametallic facing, and a spring center damper disc assembly. The Hyper Single kit is rated to hold 450ft lbs of torque at the wheels. SFI Certified.
|Spline Teeth / Major Dia||23T / 25mm|
|Number of Disc||Single|
|Sprung Center (D-core)||Yes|
|Torque Capacity at Wheels||340|
|Flywheel Crack to Bolt ft-lb||61|
|PP Assby. to Flywheel ft-lb||23|
Suitable For Driving Styles:
Cerametallic Friction Disc
- EXEDY Exclusive Friction Composition
- High friction coefficient material
- Designed for low wear and high heat resistance
- Heavy Duty hardened spring damper
- Heavy Duty bonding agents retain clutch material
- Generally smaller and thinner to reduce weight
- Reduced weight = lower inertia = quicker shifting, less wear and tear on synchros
Forged Aluminum Cover
- Average of 40% increase in clamp load over stock
- Extra capacity holds street/race car power upgrades
- Forged assembly far stiffer than stamped-
- Incredible strength means no clamp-
- Integrated turbine-
like fins enhance airflow, keeping clutch assembly cooler and will help extend life
- Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength, anti-
burst protection in all temperature ranges
Forged Chromoly Flywheel
- Combination of low weight and high heat capacity
- Designed for Rally, Drag and hi-
- Reduced weight and inertia means snappier throttle response and quicker shifting
- Designed to increase airflow to help cooling (most)
piece flywheel - starter teeth machined in place
- Unlike aluminum flywheel, ring gear cannot separate
- Unlike aluminum flywheel, friction surface can't warp
- May be resurfaced for future clutch service
- Tested up to 18,000 rpm without failure
- All EXEDY Chromoly Flywheels are SFI approved
All Hyper Clutches come with a steel flywheel and a 6-
The disc is generally smaller and thinner than the OEM disc making for lower inertia and therefore quicker, easier shifting. The higher clamp load and cerametallic friction facings give approximately twice the holding torque of the OEM clutch and generally higher than other single plate clutches.
Exedy Globalparts Corporation (USA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Exedy Corporation of Japan. Exedy (Japan) was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products. The pursuit of perfection and the assurance of safety underlie Exedy's famed quality and reliability. Advanced engineering and patented innovations have made Exedy the leading OEM manufacturer in the world for Clutches and other powertrain components. The EXEDY Group supplies Manual Clutches, Flywheels, Torque Converters, AT Plates or other advanced Powertrain Components to all 11 vehicle manufacturers in Japan as well as many other vehicle manufacturers, construction / machinery industries in the world including GM and Ford.
In some cases the clutch may engage in a higher or lower pedal position than stock. It's crucial to clutch life and effective torque holding capabilities that excessive clutch slippage is avoided.
There is a required 500 mile break-in period with the Exedy Hyper Single clutch.
Ford Focus DOHC Zetec 2.0L 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004