Exedy Stage 2 Clutch Kit with Lightweight Chromoly Solid Flywheel
The Exedy Stage 2 clutch kit was designed with performance and track & street use in mind while offering proper clamping force in forced induction applications. Clutch engagement is considered a little aggressive with some chatter on initial take off.
We recommend the Exedy stage 2 clutch kit for vehicles ranging from mild upgrades to vehicles equipped with forced induction. Through testing we have found it can handle at least (325 ft lbs of torque at the wheels) consistently. Recommended for turbo, supercharger or nitrous equipped vehicles as well as road racing and drag racing.
Key benefits compared to the original factory clutch kit are reduced rotational weight in the form of a single mass light weight chromoly flywheel. The single mass flywheel is the key component to better feel and more performance. Exedy also developed a high performance heavy duty pressure plate and clutch disc to handle the abuse.
- Saves approximately 12lbs of rotational weight
- Quicker and smoother shifts
- Better throttle response
- Improved acceleration
- There is a required 500 mile break-in period with the Exedy Stage 2 clutch kit.
- Pedal pressure increases approximately 75% over the original factory clutch kit.
- In some cases the clutch may engage in a higher or lower pedal position than stock. It's crucial to clutch life and effective torque holding capabilities that excessive clutch slippage is avoided.